Washington County features an extensively connected infrastructure network and is centrally located in the eastern portion of the United States. Conveniently located at the intersection of two major Interstates, I26 and I-81, Washington County serves as the economic center of the Tri-Cities, TN/VA region. Access to two major rail lines - CSX and Norfolk Southern, Foreign Trade Zone #204 and a regional airport with connections to Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Orlando and Tampa all are advantages for businesses looking to grow and expand.
- Intersection of two major interstates – I-26, I-81 – provide direct access to all points north, south, east and west.
Distance to other major interstates
- Extensive rail network; over 275 trains run through Washington County weekly
- Links to 22 states in the eastern U.S.
- Access to Foreign Trade Zone #204
- CSX Transportation and Norfolk Southern Railway are primary service providers
- Daily express services inbound and outbound
- Double stack trains
- Exceptionally high and wide clearances
- The East Tennessee Railway (ETRY), located in Johnson City, is a 14-mile short line freight railroad that interchanges with CSX Transportation and Norfolk Southern.
- Airlines - Allegiant Air, American Eagle, Delta Connection and US Airways Express.
- Major Cities - Non-stop flights to five hubs (Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Orlando and Tampa). Connection flights offer service to over 80 international destinations with easy accessibility & limited wait time.
- Air Cargo: 13,000 square-foot cargo facility with 174,000 square feet of cargo apron; 4,000 linear feet of parallel taxiway and new cargo apron connector. Foreign Trade Zone designation. Airborne Express and DHL provide guaranteed overnight delivery service, and freight services also are provided on passenger aircraft.
- Runways: 8,000' x 150' and 4,447' x 150' asphalt.
Foreign Trade Zone #204
Foreign-Trade Zone No. 204 is an integral part of the Tri-Cities region's network of services which, combined with a location convenient to a majority of the country's population, make the area a prime choice for international distribution centers and manufacturers. The FTZ offers importers exclusive benefits that are only available to zone users.
The Tri-Cities Regional Airport is the official administrator for Foreign Trade Zone #204. For more information, visit their website - http://www.triflight.com/75.html